I am a therapist, trainer and author of the popular NLP book, “The Rainbow Machine – Tales from a Neurolinguist’s Journal” which has attracted comparisons to Robert Anton Wilson, Richard Bandler and Milton Erickson.
I am regularly consulted by television production and media companies regarding alternative psychology, hypnosis and neurological syndromes and have appeared on the BBC program, “Inside Out” (the episode where the cat is registered as a hypnotherapist) as well as on local radio and network television in India and I have written for The Fortean Times & Best magazine.
As a speaker I regularly present at conferences and practice groups, including the NLP Conference in London, The James Braid Society, The International Bariatric Surgery Conference in Turkey, Advanced Mastery Training (AMT) in the USA and university psychology departments and faculties.
In addition to, “The Rainbow Machine”, I also appear in several other books including, “Strange Fruit from a Bitter Tree” by Mark Andreas, “Help With Negative Self Talk” by Steve Andreas and “Restoring Hope: Appreciative Strategies to Resolve Grief and Resentment” by Rob Voyle.
Based in the seaside village of Rustington, West Sussex, England, I am a hypnotherapist with a background clinical experience in neurosurgery and neurology in my former profession as a registered nurse.
I have been teaching Hypnotherapy and Brief Therapy techniques since 1996 and more recently I have acquired a sizeable reputation with my developments of Integral
Eye Movement Therapy and Metaphors of Movement which are taught internationally and are attracting considerable attention.
In 2015, both Metaphors of Movement and Integral Eye Movement Therapy were included in The SAGE Encyclopedia of Theory in Counseling and Psychotherapy.
Clients have sought out my services for problems as diverse as:
- Social phobia, shyness and
- Deliberate self-harm
- Weight Loss and Slimming
- Bi-polar Disorder
- Pain control
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Phobia and Panic Attacks
- Dental Phobia
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Passing their driving test
and interview nerves
- Impotence and other sexual
- Smoking Cessation
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Psychosomatic illness
- Binge Drinking and Alcoholism
- Nail biting | Onychophagia
- Adult incontinence/Bed wetting
- Phantom Limb Pain
- School Phobia
- Dental Phobia
- Wart charming
- Low self esteem
- Irritible bowel syndrome
- Anger/Temper problems
- Painful periods
- Hair Pulling (trichotillomania)
- Victims of Street Crime
- Body Dysmorphia
- Sexual Fetish and Paraphilia
Here are some typical problems presented over the past few years.
- “I am 50 years old and I can’t cope with my domineering mother/father.”
- “I have the urge to expose myself in public.”
- “I have a phobia of jelly.”
- “I feel so guilty all the time.”
- “I steal.”
- “I lack confidence in groups of people.”
- “I think I’m addicted to pornography.”
- “I hate people touching my feet.”
- “I’ve never had an orgasm.”
- “I’m scared of the dark.”
- “I think I’m cursed.”
- “I feel angry all the time.”
- “I have nightmares.”
- “I grind my teeth.”
- “Jealousy keeps ruining my relationships.”
- “My father is a control freak.”
- “I’ve lacked confidence since I came out of prison.”
- “I wet the bed”
- “I was bullied at school and am still afraid.”